Bendiga House is a residential facility and as such provides only long term residential care, does not provide medical care and is not a short term step-down facility.
If you meet the minimum criteria, you are welcome to request an application form to start the process.
Considerations other than date of application are relevant to actual placement decisions.
If you would like to apply, please contact us and request an application form.
Please note: Because this is a private residential facility, only voluntary applicants will be considered and only if they accept the rules of the organisation. Residents cannot be forced to stay at Bendiga if they wish to leave. The family/guardian of the resident remains responsible for payment, medical conditions and any condition that might put the resident or other residents at risk. If the resident seems no longer suitable to live at Bendiga house, it will be the responsibility of the family/guardian to remove the resident from our care.
- The applicant must have a diagnosis by a psychiatrist of a chronic mental disorder, such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, schizo affective disorder or depression and must be confirmed stable.
- The applicant must not be physically or cognitively challenged, aggressive, persistently manic, actively display suicidal tendencies, requiring medical attention for eating disorders or any other medical condition, actively abusing any substance.
- Applicants must be between 20 and 60 years old. Older applicants may be considered if the applicant has reasonable physical health and independent living skills.
- If the applicant has a history of substance abuse or dependence, all substance abuse must have stopped for a minimum of twelve months before the application will be considered. Bendiga House has a zero tolerance policy towards drug and alcohol use and/or possession.
- The applicant must not have a history of uncontrolled aggression, violence or self-harm.
- Applicants must be compliant with prescribed treatment.
- Applicants must be physically healthy, have independent living skills and be able to function independently and take care of their own personal hygiene.
- Submit Application form completed by applicant or responsible family member.
- Submit completed Medical Report by Psychiatrist.
- Occupational Therapist Assessment Report – (this can be arranged by Bendiga House, for applicant’s account).
- Personal interview with applicant AND responsible family member/s (no applications will be considered without meeting the applicant in person).
- Viewing of facility by applicant and family after successful screening only.
R18,820 per month (incl. VAT) for a single room with en suite shower/toilet.
R16,520 per month (incl. VAT) for a single room with shared bathroom.
Monthly costs include all meals, 24- hour care, medication administration, cleaning and laundry services, activities, as well as therapeutic groups.